Friday, August 10, 2007

Further interventions

Here’s a couple of good clinical interventions that I have made this week:

• The lady who had just been issued with a new Serevent inhaler and was going to stop using the brown one and the blue one, and only use the Serevent as a prn reliever. So I explained that she must continue to use the brown one regularly, start to use the Serevent regularly, and carry on using the blue reliever prn.

• The man who was allergic to penicillin and had been prescribed a 2 week course of erythromycin along with his regular felodipine mr 10mg. On ringing his GP I suggested that he write me another script for a 2 week supply of felodipine mr 5mg since it seemed sensible to halve the dose of this drug while taking the erythromycin. ‘Now that’s a good idea’, said the GP and off I went to sort it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home