Monday, February 19, 2007

That age old problem

I made some real clangers last week by incorrectly guessing at people’s ages.

You know how it goes when you give a script out and you want to pass on some information but the person who collects it isn’t the patient. I usually ask if it’s for a relative, but on a couple of occasions I have assumed people’s ages and got it badly wrong.

The first script was for a 65 year old women – the lady who stood up to collect it looked around that age to me so I took her to the counselling area and started to explain a few things until she said, ‘But this is for my mother!’.

The second script was for a 55 year old women - and a gentleman stood up to collect it. Instead of saying my usual ‘Is this for a relative of yours?’ I looked at him and said ‘Is this for your mother?’. ‘No, it’s for my wife’ he said, and luckily for me, just smiled...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home