Thursday, December 13, 2007

A long wait...

Hello again. I suppose it is rich irony that my last blog was titled "Urgent, but out of date..." and that was some considerable time ago. I'm sorry there has been a bit of a gap - and while on the subject of waiting, I’ve had a really busy day today. You know one of those days when you can hardly see the shop floor for people waiting for their scripts.

Just to top it all off nicely I had shouted a patient’s name and this lovely old man who was sitting down gave me a big smile and slowly got out of his chair. I stood patiently while he slowly walked over to me. ‘Mr Smith?’ I asked. ‘Oh no love’ he said, ‘I was stretching my legs while I’m waiting.'

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dee,

Welcome back to the blog scene. It's been a long time since your last post.

Tell us about it.... patients think they are going to die over Christmas if they don't have all their medication. There are some people who have stocked up everything on their repeat forms (even if they have not or will not need it). They think that the pharmacies and doctor's surgeries are going to close for 2 weeks! I guess I should be putting a large notice on the window saying we will not be closed for 2 weeks.

Over the past few months, we've had patient feedback from our nearest doctor's surgery (who are also dispensing doctors). They said some patients have complained that we don't have things in stock, and that our service has gone down. Coincidently, the dispensery in the doctor's surgery have also said that they people are complaining about them... Patients seem to think that Boots will have everything... they just don't know how rough the past few months have been regarding out of stock issues. We are trying our best (and we use a variety of wholesalers and what have you) to source hard to get hold of products. Patients will never understand GRRRR.

Anyway, hope you have a good Christmas. And keep the posts coming!

Sachin

12:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home