Monday, May 21, 2007

It's what pharmacy is all about

We are really beginning to get full use out of our consultation room now and patients also seem to be getting more used to the idea.

During the past week for example, I was able to use the consultation room to check that a little boy did indeed have chicken pox before I provided him with paracetamol and chlorphenamine under the minor ailments scheme; I could have a private discussion with a child carer who was embarrassed to discuss her problem (which turned out to be threadworms); and the counter staff used the room frequently to check for head lice before providing the necessary treatment under the minor ailments scheme.

For me, this is what pharmacy is all about. It’s giving me a great deal of job satisfaction to be able to work in this way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home