Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Abusive language

We’ve had to ban a second patient from using our pharmacy following abusive language in the shop.

It was a teenage boy and stemmed from the fact that I had refused to give him an emergency supply of his salbutamol inhaler following a recent emergency supply for the same thing.

You’ll know from my previous blogs that I’ve had to deal with refusing repeated requests for salbutamol MDIs before.

In this case, I had previously given him an emergency supply with all the appropriate counselling about using his preventers, getting his asthma reviewed, etc and I had made it very clear to him that I wouldn’t be prepared to do the same again.

So of course when he came in again for another emergency supply I got a load of verbal abuse and so we have written to him asking him not to use our services any more (this approach has so far worked from a previous incident).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home