Monday, October 30, 2006

Secret agency?

Had an interesting phone call in the pharmacy this week, from a recruitment agency working on behalf on an unnamed multiple. They asked for me by name which I found curious since I haven’t worked here that long and haven’t really started to circulate locally yet.

I was offered all sorts of enticements such as a good salary and lots of development opportunities, which I politely declined. I have since heard that other pharmacists in the area have received similar approaches.

I know that the large multiples are always looking to recruit staff but I’m not sure how I feel about receiving such a direct approach from them at work!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of the pharmacists in our chain of pharmacies received a call from a new pharmacy that had been taken over in the area. This one is owned by an independent (the person who owns the said pharmacy also owns others in Kent - pharmacies which are attached to surgeries).

Even my father (super-intendent) received a call from the recruiter. :p Pity I said to my father we should be kicking ourselves for not going up to the previous owner and laying a deal on the table - the said pharmacy is one of the busiest in our area (in terms of scripts - bar one of our pharmacies).

On the serious side, I find it offensive for the recruiter to try and poach pharmacists on our territory. :(

7:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home