Thursday, September 07, 2006

Like riding a bike

All the dispensary staff and the other pharmacist are being a great support to me this week. I’ve made it well known that I haven’t practised for a number of years and so I will need a gentle reminder on some issues! I am up to date clinically, and with all the processes of the new pharmacy contract but I’d forgotten the vast range of different issues that a community pharmacist is expected to deal with on a daily basis. For example, medicines that can and can’t go into dosette boxes, how to measure and fit someone for a stocking, medicines that have long term manufacturing problems (e.g. Heliclear), and the expiry date on Zineryt once its made up!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee

If you have a copy of Community Pharmacy magazine from August 2005 in the dispensary there was an article on measuring compression hosiery.

Let me know if you need us to put it on the dotpharmacy.com website!

Best of luck

3:09 pm  
Blogger Dee Spencer said...

Yes please. This article sounds like it would be a great help!

3:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home